A new study has revealed the age old belief of “women are the high maintenance gender” is completely UNTRUE.
This is fantastic ladies! Hang onto this! Save it…write it down if you have to!
According to the website “FEMALE FIRST”, a study was done by a guy named Andy Oldham in the UK. He’s the managing director of a major website called “Quidco” and he says the rise of metrosexual men has led to guys taking more pride in the way they look and enjoying the finer things in life (much like women have for years) more than EVER before!
What he found after conducting this study was; 1 in 5 women say their husband/boyfriend is THE high-maintenance one in the relationship.
Here’s the science to back it up:
1. Men are more likely to throw a tantrum if they don’t get what they want. (mmm how attractive?)
2. Guys spend more time in the bathroom getting ready to go out than women do. (it’s true, my boyfriend- GUILTY)
3. Men are more likely to refuse to leave the house without their hair looking perfect, and without the right clothes. (that’s a little ridiculous but better than being a slob I suppose?)
4. Men constantly need to be told, “I love you.” ( that’s sweet…no?)
5. Guys get upset when women don’t answer when they call. (they do!?)
Ok, so maybe your MAN doesn’t hit every one of these marks? I have a feeling though, that you’ll tend to agree that guys are way more work than they used to be! ( ha nothing personal gentlemen!)
Another thing the study found- the “most common” high maintenance trait among men was “throwing a strop” (which is equivalent to a tantrum in the UK) when they didn’t get what they wanted!
Research showed that women were frustrated with partners who took too long getting ready in the bathroom, spent too much time on their hair and refused to wear cheaper clothing. Some men even needed to be given constant attention and got moody when their “woman” didn’t answer the phone after a certain amount of rings. (GEEZE…I’m exhausted just reading that. We need to break-up.)
Not only does that sound extremely annoying it sounds COSTLY as hell too! Within this study they showed that some women were actually in debt because of their partners maintenance expenses! (ya, not in this lifetime)
Not that I would ever date or allow myself to spend that kind of energy on ridiculous behaviour, I still have a very good solution to this; IT’S NOT ME, IT’S YOU and I’M LEAVING…after you write me a cheque.