- 1 tub (500 g) 0% plain Greek yogurt
- 1 ripe banana, cut in chunks
- 125 mL (1/2 cup) frozen blueberries or strawberries
- 25 mL (2 tbsp) ground flax
- 175 mL (3/4 cup) orange juice
- 15 mL (1 tbsp) maple syrup or liquid honey (optional)
- 5 mL (1 tsp) vanilla
- In blender, combine yogurt, banana, blueberries and flax. Pulse to mix together. Add orange juice, maple syrup, if using and vanilla; puree until smooth.
- Pour mixture among eight small (5 oz) disposable cups and cover with plastic wrap. Push craft stick in centre and place in freezer for at least overnight or up to 3 weeks.
- Tropical variation: Substitute frozen mango and pineapple chunks for the banana and blueberries. You will need about 375 mL (1 1/2 cups) fruit in total.
Visit heartandstroke.com for more kid-friendly recipes!