Makes 1 serving
- ½ whole-wheat English muffin
- 1 tsp (5 mL) pizza sauce
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) chopped vegetable (either red pepper, broccoli, green pepper, mushroom)
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) shredded light mozzarella cheese
- Cooking spray
- Toast English muffin to desired darkness and spread with pizza sauce.
- Using a round microwavable dish (about the same diameter as the English muffin), spray lightly with cooking spray. Add egg and vegetable and whisk together.
- Microwave on HIGH for 30 seconds. Top with cheese and microwave for an additional 30 seconds.
- Place the egg on top of the English muffin and serve.
Nutritional information per serving
(1 egg pizza)
- Calories: 189
- Protein: 13 g
- Fat: 8 g
- Saturated fat: 3 g
- Dietary cholesterol: 196 mg
- Carbohydrate: 15 g
- Dietary fibre: 2 g
- Sodium: 373 mg
- Potassium: 163 mg
Developed by Nadine Day, a registered dietitian who specializes in children’s nutrition. ©The Heart and Stroke Foundation.