- 12 bacon strips, diced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) chicken broth
- 6 cups mashed cooked butternut squash
- 2 cans (8-3/4 ounces each) cream-style corn
- 2 cups half-and-half cream
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Sour Cream optional
- In a large saucepan, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Remove to paper towels; drain, reserving 2 tablespoons drippings.
- In the drippings, saute onion and celery until tender. Stir in flour until blended. Gradually stir in broth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- Reduce heat to medium. Stir in the squash, corn, cream, parsley, salt, pepper and bacon. Cook and stir until heated through. Garnish with sour cream if desired. Yield: 8 servings (2-1/2 quarts).
Prep/Total Time: 25 min
Check out more recipes at Tasteofhome.com