If you’re sticking to your New Year’s resolution to land a new job, hopefully you’ll have an interview lined up soon. Consider this your refresher course on how not to BLOW it.
A new survey from CareerBuilder questioned hiring managers to name the biggest ways that someone can sink a job interview. Here’s the top 10 . . .
1. Lying about something, 69%.
2. Answering your phone or texting during the interview, 68%.
3. Not making eye contact, 67%.
4. Acting arrogant or entitled, 60%.
5. Dressing inappropriately, 50%.
6. Swearing, 50%.
7. Not smiling, 39%.
8. Playing with something on the table, 33%.
9. Having bad posture, 30%.
10. Fidgeting too much in your seat, 30%.
Good luck at your next interview, i know it’s cliche, but you can do anything you put your mind to!