Not a fan of green beer? Here are five other drinks you can order at most bars today. Or if you’re having people over, they’re easy enough to make at home . . .
1. An Irish Mule. It’s like a Moscow Mule, but with Irish whiskey instead of vodka, and ginger ALE instead of ginger BEER. It’s half a can of ginger ale with ice . . . whiskey . . . and a little bit of lime juice.
2. A Pillow Mint. It’s Irish whiskey on the rocks . . . a half-ounce of Kahlua . . . and a splash of peppermint schnapps.
3. A Misty Mint. You fill three-quarters of a glass with ice . . . add white rum . . . and crème de menthe to make it bright green.
4. A Baby Guinness. It’s a shot made with Kahlua and Baileys, so it kind of looks like Guinness.
5. A Black Velvet. This one actually does have some beer in it. You fill two thirds of a glass with champagne, and then fill the rest with Guinness. And you have to pour the Guinness in last or it won’t mix right.
Whatever it is you drink today on St. Patrick’s Day, I hope you enjoy it and make sure to drink responsibly!