A new survey by CareerBuilder found that 75% of companies say their average employee wastes at least two hours a day . . . and 19% say some employees waste more than three hours. Here are the top 10 ways they’re wasting time . . .
1. Messing around on their phones or texting, 55%.
2. Surfing the Internet, 41%.
3. Gossiping, 39%.
4. Social media, 37%.
5. Having coworkers drop by their desk, 27%.
6. Smoke breaks or snack breaks, 27%.
7. Emailing, 26%.
8. Meetings, 24%.
9. Being distracted by loud coworkers, 20%.
10. Sitting in their cubicle just kind of spacing out, 9%.
Can you add any to this list? I know I can! What about countless trips to the bathroom to do who knows what?!?