Perhaps you get into an argument with your significant other about that thing in the fridge…
IS IT STILL GOOD??? Should we throw it away??? CAN WE STILL EAT IT….
A recent study found the average family of four throws away the equivalent of 11 meals a month. But those “sell-by” dates we all worry about are really just a guideline, and you can still use most foods after they expire. Here are eight foods that all last at least a week longer than their sell-by dates . . .
1. Milk. It’s usually good for another week.
2. Yogurt. Also about a week.
3. Hot dogs. At LEAST another week after they expire.
4. Bacon. It lasts about a week longer than the use-by date as long as it’s unopened.
5. Eggs. They’re good for about a month after the sell-by date.
6. Butter. Also about a month.
7. Cream cheese. Again, it’s still good about a month after the sell-by date.
8. Other types of cheese. A block of cheese can last up to a month-and-a-half after you open it, unless there’s mold. And even then, you can just cut it off and eat the rest. But if there’s mold in pre-shredded cheese or soft cheeses like ricotta, throw it away.
For more on this…..