A new survey found the top five mistakes people make when they apply for jobs, and all of them seem like they’d be pretty easy to fix. Here they are..
1. 84% of people don’t find out the name of the person doing the hiring and personalize their email to them.
2. 57% don’t send a thank you note after an interview . . . not even an email.
3. 54% don’t customize their resume based on the job they’re applying for.
4. 45% don’t include a cover letter.
5. And 37% don’t follow up after they send in their application, which would help them stand out.