WHEN IS 91.5 THE BEAT OPEN?
Monday through Friday – 9:00AM to 5:00PM excluding weekends & holidays **Hours may vary around holidays & special station events so, please call ahead if visiting around these times**WHERE IS 91.5 THE BEAT? 50 Sportsworld Crossing Road (where Sportsworld was!)
**We’re located inside the East building at 50 Sportsworld Crossing Rd (up the street from Ye’s Sushi – look for the red Canon sign) When you get to the front door hit the wheel chair access button on the right, then stay to the left and we’re at the end of the hall**
IS THERE PARKING?
Yes! Lots of FREE parking!
WHAT DO I NEED TO PICK UP MY PRIZE?
You will need a driver’s license, birth certificate, or another official government issued photo I.D. that has your mailing address displayed. In some specific cases, (i.e. trip winners) parents or legal guardians will be required in-person to sign a waiver form on the winner’s behalf.
******SORRY! WE DO NOT MAIL OUT PRIZES!******
- THE CONTESTSThese Contest Rules apply to all daily and weekly contests (the “Contests”) on CKBT-FM (the “Stations”).2. ELIGIBITYUnless otherwise stipulated, Contests are open to legal residents of Ontario who are 18 years of age or older. Employees, directors and officers of CKBT-FM and Corus Entertainment Inc. (the “Contest Sponsors”), any affiliate (as defined in the Canada Business Corporations Act) of the Contest Sponsors (the “Affiliates”), employees, directors and officers of their respective advertising and promotional agencies, as well as family members of any of the foregoing or those with whom they are domiciled are not eligible to enter a Contest.
Contest entrants must be above the age of 13, and in some cases must be 19 years of age or older, if so specified. Prize winners who are under the age of 19 must have a parent or legal guardian accept the prize (and sign the Declaration and Release, referred to in 12 below) on the entrant’s behalf.
3. HOW TO ENTER
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY.
Listen to one the Stations for specific instructions on how to enter and win each Contest, or log onto the Station websites at www.davefm.com for further details, where available.
NOTE: Unless otherwise stipulated, only one entry per person per household is permitted. Multiple entries will be discarded. Entries are subject to verification and will be declared invalid if they are reproduced, falsified, altered or tampered with in any way.
4. THE PRIZE(S) AND PRIZE VALUE(S)
The prizes awarded in connection with the Contests (the “Prizes”) may include, without limitation, CDs, DVDs, gift certificates, concert tickets or movie tickets, books, and passes to local festivals. The approximate value of the Contest prizes will range between $10 and $500.
5. DEADLINE FOR CLAIMING A PRIZE
CKBT-FM will hold on to a winner’s prize for 30 days after the date the prize was won, or the date we call you to let you that the prize is in. If you can’t make it in within the month time frame, please notify CKBT-FM promotions and arrangements will be made to hold the prize for a longer period. You will be notified about grand prize deadlines by our promo team. Concert tickets will be held on to until the date of the event.
6. PRIZE CONDITIONS
All incidental costs and expenses not specifically referred to as part of the Prize, including the costs associated with picking up the Prize, where required (the “Expenses”) are the sole responsibility of the Prize winner (and/or guest where applicable). The Prize winner (and/or guest where applicable) shall not seek reimbursement for the Expenses from the Contest Sponsors.
7. CHANCES OF WINNING
Chances of winning depend on the number of entrants during the Contest Period.
8. NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES
None of the Contest Sponsors makes any representation or offers any warranty, express or implied, as to the quality or fitness of any Prize. Each Prize winner understands and acknowledges that he or she may not seek reimbursement or pursue any legal or equitable remedy from the Contest Sponsors should the Prize fail to be fit for its purpose or is in any way unsatisfactory to the Prize winner. In the event that a prize consists of tickets to an event or concert that has been cancelled or postponed, no substitution will be offered.
9. DECLARATION AND RELEASE OF PRIZE WINNER
Before being awarded the Prize, the Prize winner (and his or her guest(s), where applicable):
a) May be required to correctly answer, unaided, a time-limited skill-testing mathematical question; and
b) Must Sign a standard form confirming that by entering a Contest:
– he or she read, understood and accepted these Contest Rules;
– that he or she understands that acceptance of the Prize may involve danger and/or exposure to risks and hazards of both man-made and natural origin, whether arising from foreseeable or unforeseeable human error and negligence, and that, as a result, he or she may suffer damage to personal property, serious personal injury, illness or even death;
– that he or she nevertheless freely and voluntarily agrees and does hereby assume any and all risks of personal injury, illness, death arising out of or connected with his or her participation in a Contest and winning the Prize; and
– that he or she releases a Contest Sponsors, the Affiliates, and all of their directors, officers, employees, agents as well as their respective advertising and promotional agencies (collectively, the “Releasees”) from any and all liability arising in connection with participation in a Contest and acceptance of the Prize, including, without limitation, any financial, legal or moral responsibility or loss or personal injury including death or damage to or loss of property suffered or incurred or arising from participating in a Contest or accepting the Prize, whether suffered by the Prize winner, or by his or her heirs, administrators, personal representatives or executors, and notwithstanding that such injuries or losses may have been caused solely or partly by any act, omission, negligence or gross negligence of any or all of the Releasees.
10. PRIZE SUBSTITUTION
Prizes and prize portions are non-exchangeable, non-transferable, non-refundable, have no cash surrender value and must be accepted as awarded with no substitutions. The Contest Sponsors reserve the right, in their sole discretion, to substitute and/or modify a Prize, or Prize portion, with (a) prize(s) of equal or greater value for any reason. Should a winner be unable to claim his/her Prize as awarded, his/her rights to that Prize will be forfeited.
Subject to applicable law, the Contest Sponsors reserve the right to cancel, suspend, terminate, modify the Contest Rules or administration of any Contest, in whole or in part, without prior notice with no obligation or liability, including, if for any reason, a Contest is not capable of running as planned, whether due to technical failure, tampering, fraud, corruption of security or other causes beyond the control of the Contest Sponsors.
12. OWNERSHIP OF ENTRIES
All entries shall become the property of the Contest Sponsors and their advertising and promotional agencies. The Releasees assume no responsibility for lost, stolen, destroyed or otherwise indecipherable entries due to any failure or technical malfunction of the telephone network, on-line computer systems of equipment, servers, access providers, software, poor reception, technical problems, failure of any email or submission or due to any other reason regardless of cause.
By entering a Contest, each entrant, including the Prize winner consents to the use of his or her name, city of residence, photograph, voice, likeness, image or any other aspect of his or her personality for any publicity and programming purposes, commercial or otherwise, in all media used by the Contest Sponsors, promoters and their advertising and promotional agencies, without any payment or compensation. Each Prize winner further agrees that his or her audio reaction may be used for on-air promotional purposes. The entrants understand and acknowledge that CKBT-FM may contact him or her on-air without prior knowledge as a result of his or her participation in a Contest.
14. CONSENT TO COLLECTION AND USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
By entering a Contest and voluntarily providing personal information including, but not limited to, name, address, city, email address, home and office telephone numbers (the “Registrant Information”), each Contest entrant grants permission to the Contest Sponsors to collect and use of the Registrant Information for the exclusive purpose of administering the Contest and selecting the Prize winner(s). No correspondence will take place between the Contest Sponsors and the entrants except in connection with a Contest and, in the case of the Prize winner, as a result of entering the Contest and winning the Prize.
If for any reason a Contest is not capable of running as planned, including due to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other cause beyond the reasonable control of the Contest Sponsors that corrupts, impairs or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this Contest, the Contest Sponsors reserve the right, at their sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify, extend or suspend a Contest and/or prizes. The Contest Sponsors further reserve the right to disqualify, from this Contest and future contests of the Contest Sponsors, any individual who tampers with or in any way corrupts the entry process. The Contest Sponsors may prohibit an entrant from participating in a Contest or winning a prize if, in the Contest Sponsors’ sole discretion, the Contest Sponsors determine that said entrant is attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of a Contest by cheating, hacking, deception, or any unfair playing practices (including the use of automated quick entry programs) or intending to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other entrants or the Contest Sponsors representatives. Any attempt by an entrant or any other individual to deliberately damage any web site or undermine the legitimate operation of a Contest may be in violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, the Contest Sponsors reserve the right to seek remedies and damages (including lawyers’ fees) from any such entrant or any other individual to the fullest extent permitted by law, including criminal prosecution.
16. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
By entering a Contest, the entrant agrees that the Releasees shall have no liability and shall be held harmless by the entrant for any damage, loss or liability to person or property, due in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, by reason of entering a Contest, the acceptance, possession, use, enjoyment or misuse of any prize, or while preparing for, participating in any Contest-related or prize-related activity. The Releasees are not responsible for technical, hardware, software or telephone failures of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, fraud, incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmissions, whether caused by any of the Releasees, users or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in a Contest or by any technical or human error which may occur in the processing of submissions that may cause damage to a user’s system or limit an potential entrant’s ability to participate in a Contest.
17. WHERE CONTEST RULES AND REGULATIONS AVAILABLE
These rules and regulations are available online at www.davefm.com and at the CKBT Studio at 210-50 Sportsworld Crossing Road, Kitchener, ON
18. COMPLIANCE WITH CONTEST RULES
All contestants agree to abide by the Contest Rules, which are subject to change at the sole discretion of the Contest Sponsors.
19. COMPLIANCE WITH LAWS
Contests are void where prohibited by law and is subject to all federal, provincial, territorial and municipal laws and regulations of Canada and of each province, territory and municipality of Canada, respectively.